Delphi Bug Lists
Submitting Bug Reports
New submissions are not being accepted/processed at the present time. I've been taking a break from updating the site to see how Borland's own bug tracking system, QualityCentral, pans out. As of now, I don't have an estimate of when work on the site will resume. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Jordan Russell
Before sending a bug report, please have a look at the following directions.
If you follow these, your bug report has a much higher chance of being
Please include the following information:
Bugs may be reported in the following languages (ordered alphabetically):
- One bug report per email
- A short description of the bug (one or two lines)
- Can you reproduce the problem
- Give information that enables us to reproduce the behaviour;
this requires that detailed, technical step-by-step instructions
If possible and applicable, please send a small source code sample
(max. 50 KB ZIP-compressed, at most 1000 lines of code)
- Explain why you think it is a bug
- What is the behaviour / output you would expect?
- Is this behaviour described in the documentation (online help, handbooks)?
- What is the behaviour you get?
- How is this different and is this really wrong?
- What's the cause (if known)
- Do you have a workaround?
- We must know the exact version of Delphi you are using.
Only bugs concerning the latest releases of a version are accepted.
See the 'which version of Delphi is this?' page.
- Let us know the operating system you are using:
Windows 3.11 / 95 / 98 / NT 3.51 / NT 4.0; (plus patch/OSR levels)
(This is not in all cases necessary; the reporter may decide)
Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Norwegian, Swedish
We prefer you to use English because we *will* have to translate
the bug reports into English for publishing.
If you can't provide all this information but still think
what you have to tell is relevant for the Bug List:
don't hesitate to send it to us; at worst, you'll be asked
to clarify on specific points.
Please send your bug report to
Note: replace "_AT_" with "@".
The Email address has been crippled to reduce spam.
In many cases you will not get a reply to your message.
If the bug report is 'valid' you will see it appear on the Bug List
within days or weeks.
If you don't see it appear and you also haven't had any reply within a month,
it may help to send an extra message asking what happended.
Latest update of this page: 15 July 1999
Back to the home page of the Delphi Bug Lists.